GARY HOLBROOK | AUTHOR | WEST LIBERTY KY

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Gary on 'GarysWorld Appalachia' to his friends thru the years

Wow!  Alot of years since da ol hillbilly started this little blog.  This morning i guess is like alot of others we live in our lives.  Ol Gary hasn't done much posting here in awhile.  With all the new tech and the fact that i have been so busy with my other stuff, i have neglected the thing on the internet that got this ol teacher and coach started.  'GarysWorld Appalachia' was my tomorrows 9 year old daughter's idea.  Lil Aisha and i were sitting around trying to think of a name for this crazy idea i had for an Appalachian blog title.  She said dad what about Gary's Appalachia.  You love your land so much that you should be a part of the title.  This from a little girl in 2005.  Thus with world this little blog was born.  And as my readers through the years already know, it was hard to go a day or two here, without the dumb ol hillbilly making changes to the front page.  Hell we had graphics, outlandlish music, stupid posts, and other things here that were just crazy.  Well da ol hillbilly kept gettin a few return visitors, and decided that he owned what he said and did, and one morning said to himself, 'what da hell i will do what i want to do here cause it's my shit'.  I worried about things like is there enough info for people to browse thru, just things like that really.  In fact last month or so i introduced Collecta and Ellerdale widgets here which i use on my main GarysWorld USA site.  Well it's like this they are still up here but i was wrong.  This should be about me and the past of Appalachia, because that is what i really enjoy about my land.  THE PAST.  So it is this simple.  If you still visit this blog from way back i'm back.  If you are new here good luck puttin up with me.  If you love Appalachia and what we are really about stick around.  Cause i have some things i may want to discuss in the future.  And most of it is because of a little 9 year old girl today who believed in her daddy, 'DA OL HILLBILLY NUFF SAID'.  Happy birthday Aisha.
Daddy

1 comment:

TC said...

Great Post, I've only been here for a couple years but appreciate your love for the land. I guess we could call the Ozarks the western Appalachians? Maybe that's why I "get" where you are coming from.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

Blog Archive