GARY HOLBROOK | AUTHOR | WEST LIBERTY KY

Friday, September 11, 2009

Adam Montgomery | A friend left but will always be here

I lost a friend, and a young friend this month. A student of mine, and one of the best athletes i coached in high school. Just a gentleman and just a simple nice guy, that was Adam Montgomery. A fighter he was. A winner he was. So young and so full of what America should really be about.








Like alot of Americans right now i watch the news, hear the stories, and try to figure out what the heck is going on. I have a theory tonite as i sit here typing. Adam had it right. Be all you can be as long as you can be. You know what Adam my buddy. I think you got the right idea, and ol Gary aims to remember Adam Montgomery. I wasn't at the funeral but i know how much he meant to me as a person, friend, student, and athlete. I shall never forget you my friend. Rest in peace. You were the best and we miss you.



Da ol hillbilly



Gary

No comments:

Blog Archive