GARY HOLBROOK | AUTHOR | WEST LIBERTY KY

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thoughts about the past year

My son Myles receiving his Ky. law license

As 2009 comes to a close it is a good time to think back. 

My son Myles made us all very proud last spring when he became a Kentucky lawyer.  He could have gone to many other places to work, but he chose Kentucky.
I made 3 trips out West this past year.  Two trips to Kansas City to visit with my daughter Aisha, and our annual bird hunting trip to Kansas for 2 weeks.  Over the years this ol hillbilly has made alot of great friends out West that i will always treasure.  They are alot like us ol hillbillies and their friendship is lasting.
We did some more work at our wildlife preserve this year, and it really looks great.  For training bird dogs, enjoying nature, and the solitude of the outdoors, it can't be beat.
Dad turned 86 in December and is still going strong.  He sure is one tough guy.
For those who have followed my blog here i thank you so much for the emails.  As i learned a long time ago on here you only are as good as your readers let you be.  It is hard to cover everything i want to on this blog, but the fun part is i can put on what i wish here.  GarysWorld USA and the forum take care of the rest.
I can't sign off without thanking my loyal helpers at the sites.  Amanda, Sarah, and Rhonda, you girls are the greatest.  How you put up with me sometimes is amazing. 

Happy New Year everybody and may God bless the USA
Gary

No comments:

Blog Archive