GARY HOLBROOK | AUTHOR | WEST LIBERTY KY

Monday, September 08, 2008

Followup to the William Barber Medal Of Honor Tribute

Just an interesting little story here that happened this week. Morgan County Kentucky /Medal of Honor winner William Barber's brother Harold is 96 years old and still as sharp as he has always been. My dad visited with him this week at the hospital in Morehead Kentucky. Dad was visiting his sister Irene Cline who had surgery this weekend after breaking the ball in her hip from a fall.
Harold was in good spirits and was asking about all our family. He and dad had a great visit. I guess the point of my story here is that it is remarkable how small our world really is. Harold and dad hadn't seen each other in a number of years.
Folks we never know when that person or person's in our lives is suddenly there out of nowhere.
When i did the story on William a few months ago i sure had no idea that my dad at 85 and Harold at 96 would meet up again and due to my aunt Irene. I really believe that life has purpose, twists and turns, and a neverending array of surprises.
God bless you William Barber, and our buddy Harold.
Tags: William Barber, Medal of Honor, Korean War, Morgan County, Kentucky, GarysWorld 'Appalachia'

1 comment:

Lilly said...

Oh Gary what a lovey story. I loved your line, 'I really believe that life has purpose, twists and turns, and a neverending array of surprises'. You can say that again!!

Blog Archive